Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hannah Locke, My Goodbye to You

Hannah,

I just haven't known what to say, if there was anything to say. So, I haven't said much, but today was your memorial. Remember all the fun we had planning your trip and planning to bring God's healing to the world using nursing in third world countries! Such a great time we had. I was so blessed and honored by your sincere hunger for the things of God and His will in your life. Thank you for every single question you asked me about nursing, missions and medical history. You helped me to understand myself and my place in this world just by your hunger for knowledge and God, while allowing me the great honor of being your mentor, more like a big sister. Such an honor, that words could never be adequate. You should of seen the crowds of young and old at your memorial services, well, I know you did. It was beautiful.

Just so you know, I never cry through funerals. Ever. Until today. I bawled, shamelessly to your honor, when they read your project proposal and missions trip funding letter. We worked on those for hours together, mostly I just reviewed your work and you asked a million questions to my greatest delight. Who knew, I was editing your eulogies? There aren't words. I'm glad you wrote them, cause even the slightest whisper has been evaporated from the air at this moment in time, more powerful than a "minute of silence."

I hope that all those young and old people remembering you today took or will take a minute of silence to find God. To see in God, what you knew to be true. Love is the one thing in life that never ends. God is love. He never ends. God's love in your heart that you showed the world will never stop. Though a seed falls to the ground, only in the seed's death is the life of the flower possible. I pray that your seed will continue on in the hearts of young and old to bring life to this world in a way that only you could do!

Your Dad said he wanted to "fix it". I wanted to "fix it" too, in my nursy way of course- a trillion medical assessments and interventions hit my mind, how could it be that you were just gone. I just am broken hearted. It's broke and I can't fix it. No one can. Except God. God's peace and love are my the hiding place for the rest my soul needs. I find myself at God's feet, seeking his words, I know his angels have been sent to help console this gaping hole. God's "fixed it", you're whole sitting on His lap in heaven asking God a million questions, much to his delight, I am sure.


Gungor "This is Not The End"

No comments:

Post a Comment